Here are some interesting thoughts from a frequent (and I do mean frequent) contributor to Towards Data Science. An article on Data Science once a week? I need to up my game from monthly to daily!
In any case, here are the five takeaways from a year of weekly data science writing are:
- You can learn everything you need to know to be successful in data science without formal instruction
- Data science is driven by curiosity
- Consistency is the most critical factor for improvement in any pursuit
- Data science is empirical: instead of relying on proven best methods, you have to experiment to figure out what works
- Writing about data science — or anything —is a mutually beneficial relationship as it benefits you and the entire community