Heres’s an online Tech Talk hosted by Denny Lee, Developer Advocate at Databricks with Burak Yavuz, Software Engineer also of Databricks
The transaction log is key to understanding Delta Lake because it is the common thread that runs through many of its most important features, including ACID transactions, scalable metadata handling, time travel, and more. In this session, we’ll explore what the Delta Lake transaction log is, how it works at the file level, and how it offers an elegant solution to the problem of multiple concurrent reads and writes.
In this tech talk you will learn about:
- What is the Delta Lake Transaction Log
- What is the transaction log used for?
- How does the transaction log work?
- Reviewing the Delta Lake transaction log at the file level
- Dealing with multiple concurrent reads and writes
- How the Delta Lake transaction log solves other use cases including Time Travel and Data Lineage and Debugging