In the first part of this two-part video segment, Rohit Nayak explains what Private Endpoint for Azure SQL Database is and how it relates to the overall connectivity story for Azure SQL.
You can learn more about Private Link in Azure SQL Database here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-private-endpoint-overview?WT.mc_id=dataexposed-c9-niner , and Private Link generally for Azure here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/private-link/private-endpoint-overview?WT.mc_id=dataexposed-c9-niner.
At the beginning, Rohit mentions a playlist with other videos you should review to get more background on the topic. You can see the playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3EZ3A8mHh0xtbf4Cr2yR4-xsUtELwPjw?WT.mc_id=dataexposed-c9-niner
- [00:46] Connectivity architecture for public endpoint
- [01:46] Private Link overview
- [03:55] Why Private Link?
- [05:08] How does Private Endpoint work?
- [06:55] Client connectivity scenarios to Private Endpoint
- [09:05] Summary and what’s next