Lex Fridman interviews Matt Botvinick in this latest episode of his podcast.
Matt Botvinick is the Director of Neuroscience Research at DeepMind. He is a brilliant cross-disciplinary mind navigating effortlessly between cognitive psychology, computational neuroscience, and artificial intelligence. This conversation is part of the Artificial Intelligence podcast.
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 3:29 – How much of the brain do we understand?
- 14:26 – Psychology
- 22:53 – The paradox of the human brain
- 32:23 – Cognition is a function of the environment
- 39:34 – Prefrontal cortex
- 53:27 – Information processing in the brain
- 1:00:11 – Meta-reinforcement learning
- 1:15:18 – Dopamine
- 1:19:01 – Neuroscience and AI research
- 1:23:37 – Human side of AI
- 1:39:56 – Dopamine and reinforcement learning
- 1:53:07 – Can we create an AI that a human can love?