This episode kicks off Season 4 of the Data Driven and we are excited to have Rick Hall to talk to us about data analytics, entrepreneurship, and the impact of COVID on remote work.
Memes are the spice of internet-connected life.
In this interview, the legendary Lex Fridman interviews the equally legendary George Hotz as they go over programming memes together.
It’s that time of the year: pumpkin carving time!
Stuff Made Here shows us how he made a pumpkin carving robot to make Halloween a little more 21st Century.
Deutsche Welle has a documentary on the rise of space-based internet service providers.
Internet connectivity anywhere in the world would be sehr fantastisch!
The digital revolution has radically changed the way we live and work. But more than three billion people are still offline. As with any infrastructure, fast data connections initially reach urban centers. People who live in rural areas, even in rich industrialized countries, often have to get by without reduced bandwidth. Now several consortia are competing to bridge this gap with the help of hundreds of mini-satellites in low orbit.
In this episode of Data Exposed with Sasha Nosov, learn how Azure Arc allows you to leverage Azure Services for your existing database applications hosted on-premises or in other public clouds, without changing or even stopping them.
Content & Time Stamps:
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:45 What is Azure Arc
- 2:30 About Azure Arc Enabled SQL Server
- 3:03 Architecture of Azure Arc Enabled SQL Server (Public Preview)
- 8:09 Environment Health Demo
- 13:18 Azure Arc Enabled Data Services vs Azure Arc Enabled SQL Server
- 17:00 What versions of SQL Server are supported
- 17:45 Getting started & registering for Azure Arc enabled SQL Server
The pandemic has changed the way companies, even staunch opponents of remote work, look at remote working policies.
What does this mean for the workplace of the future? BBC Click looks at what working will look like in years to come.
Fireship explains the fundamentals of Web Assembly in 100 Seconds and why it’s a big deal.
With the rise of deep learning and quantum computing, there has literally never been a better time to learn linear algebra.
Linear algebra is central to almost all areas of mathematics. For instance, linear algebra is fundamental in modern presentations of geometry, including for defining basic objects such as lines, planes and rotations. Also, functional analysis may be basically viewed as the application of linear algebra to spaces of functions. Linear algebra is also used in most sciences and engineering areas, because it allows modeling many natural phenomena, and efficiently computing with such models.
- (0:00) Systems of Linear Equations (1 of 3)
- (16:20) System of Linear Equations (2 of 3)
- (27:55) Systems of Linear Equations (3 of 3)
- (47:18) Row Reduction and Echelon Forms (1 of 2)
- (54:49) Row Reduction and Echelon Forms (2 of 2)
- (1:4:10) Vector Equations (1 of 2)
- (1:14:05) Vector Equations (2 of 2)
- (1:24:54) The Matrix Equation Ax = b (1 of 2)
- (1:39:21) The Matrix Equation Ax = b (2 of 2)
- (1:44:48) Solution Sets of Linear Systems
- (1:57:49) Linear Independence
- (2:11:20) Linear Transformations (1 of 2)
- (2:25:10) Linear Transformations (2 of 2)
- (2:39:19) Matrix Operations
- (2:56:24) Matrix Inverse
- (3:12:17) Invertible Matrix Properties
- (3:24:24) Determinants (1 of 2)
- (3:44:40) Determinants (2 of 2)
- (4:04:28) Cramer’s Rule
- (4:18:20) Vector Spaces and Subspaces (1 of 2)
- (4:48:30) Vector Spaces and Subspaces
- (5:13:13) Null Spaces, Column Spaces, and Linear Transformations
- (5:33:25) Basis of a Vector Space
- (5:59:43) Coordinate Systems in a Vector Space
- (6:15:41) Dimension of a Vector Space
- (6:26:35) Rank of a Matrix
- (6:50:09) Markov Chains
- (7:09:23) Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- (7:32:03) Matrix Diagonalization
- (7:49:08) Inner Product, Vector Length, Orthogonality
Learn the differences between the Basic, Standard, and Premium tiers of Azure SQL Single Database.
Provisioning is one component of maximizing the value of your deployment – licensing is another.
In this video with Matt Gordon, take a walk through the differences between licensing by DTU and by vCore and talk about what may be right for you and your needs.