Here’s an interesting idea for your PowerBI reports.
The latest episode of Data Exposed welcomes Alan Yu, a PM in the SQL Server engineering group focusing on SQL Tools. He shows off the latest SQL Server Management Studio 17.3 update.
Alan starts off by highlighting two new features in the latest release: Import Flat File Wizard and XEvent Profiler. Import Flat File Wizard is a new tool that helps streamline the import experience for a user who wants to import .csv or .txt files without specialized domain knowledge. The XEvent profiler is a live viewer window of extended events that can be quickly launched. For the purpose of this demo, Alan chose to focus on showcasing the Import Flat File Wizard.
To learn more about SSMS 17.3, check out this blog post: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dataplatforminsider/2017/10/10/whats-new-in-sql-server-management-studio-17-3/
Download the latest version of SSMS: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/download-sql-server-management-studio-ssms
To learn more about PROSE, check out: https://microsoft.github.io/prose/
In this presentation, Nigel Markey explains the fundamentals of computer vision.
Here is a great overview of Hadoop for the beginner.
Hadoop is most often associated with big data.
A look at the different Hadoop solutions such as Clouder, Hortonworks, MapR and Intel.
Hear Pythian’s CTO Alex Gorbachev discuss these tools and the overall Hadoop ecosystem.
Two Minute Papers has a video highlighting the recent advances in 3D facial reconstruction.
Online demo: http://cvl-demos.cs.nott.ac.uk/vrn/
Source code: https://github.com/AaronJackson/vrn
Adam from Guy in a Cube has a great PowerBI roundup video he just published.
Check it out. Links below the video.
- Exploring The New SSRS 2017 API In Power BI (@technitrain)
- Bulk-extracting Power Query M-code from multiple pbix files in Power BI (@TheBIccountant)
- Automatic installs of Power BI Desktop (@CurbalEN)
- How administrators can manage the Power BI Desktop sign-in form
- Visualizing and interacting with your Azure Machine Learning Studio experiments
- Congratulations to the Winners of the “Timeline Storyteller” Contest!
- DAX UNICHAR Function in Power BI (@ExceleratorBI)
- DirectQuery in Analysis Services: Best practices, performance, use cases (@marcorus)
- Change your Power BI report to point to an external SSAS model (@kjonge)
- Filtering and comparing different time periods with Power BI (@FerrariAlberto)
- Image Timeline (@dataveld)
Here’s a playlist of videos from an online course, Intro to Machine Learning by Udacity.
Check out the course here: https://www.udacity.com/course/ud120.
The course was designed as part of a program to help people become Data Analysts.
Full details of the program are here: https://www.udacity.com/course/nd002.
In this video, Patrick from Guy in a Cube uses a little DAX, and the SelectedValue function, to get you some dynamic labels in your Power BI reports.