If you have a Sprint HTC Arrive Windows Phone 7 and you can’t get the developer registration tool to work, then here’s your solution.
I found this after a lot of searching on the MSDN forums:
HTC Arrive configuration issue.
- if connected, unplug the phone device from the computer.
_on the phone_:
- Press the Windows button.
- Press the right arrow button, or swipe left, to expose application list.
- Select “Settings” option from the application list.
- Select “Cellular” option in the settings list.
- Select “Change Network Profile” and wait for this operation to complete. (This is a key step! However, you don’t need to actually change anything on the resulting page.)
- Press the back button or Windows key to exit the Settings application.
- Retry the phone registration process.
This worked like a charm for me and I’m sharing it here to save other the hassles I went through.
As far as I can tell this only applies the HTC Arrive phone.