I’m happy to announce that this book is now available for pre-order.
I was the technical editor on this book and I, for one, am really excited for this book to come out.
It does a great job covering a wide topic area (Windows 8 development is a huge topic) in an approachable and practical way.
Here’s a short list of what the book covers:
- Learn how to utilize XAML to create rich content driven user interfaces
- Make use of the new AppBar to create a chrome-less menu system
- See how to support Sensors and Geo-location on Windows 8 devices
- Integrate your app into the Windows 8 ecosystem with Contracts and Extensions
- Walks you through the new Windows 8 navigation system for multi-page apps
- Minimize code with Data Binding and MVVM design patterns
- Features tips on getting your app ready for the Windows store
- Maximize revenue for your app by learning about available monetization strategies
[found via Doug Holland]