Learn how Hyperscale, Serverless, and other technologies in Azure SQL help you build highly available, scalable, and performant apps today and in the future.
In the second part of this two-part video segment, Rohit Nayak dives deeper into the new capabilities for Azure SQL Database for Private Endpoints.
Be sure to watch the first episode to understand what Private Endpoint for Azure SQL Database.
- [01:09] Set-up
- [02:00] Demo: How to connect from Public IP Address to Private Endpoint
- [08:36] Connecting Client VM to SQL Database with a Private Endpoint
- [10:45] How to check your deployment succeeded
- [14:08] Now that you created a Private IP Address, can you login to the IP Address itself?
- [15:50] Double-checking on another machine
- [16:30] 3 key takeaways
In this video, Anna Hoffman and Jeroen ter Heerdt discuss and show how to create auto-failover groups in Azure SQL using PowerShell notebooks and a Java application.
This video was based on a tutorial, which you can follow here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-implement-geo-distributed-database?tabs=azure-powershell&WT.mc_id=dataexposed-c9-niner.
To compare geo-replication and auto-failover groups, refer to the table here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-business-continuity#compare-geo-replication-with-failover-groups&WT.mc_id=dataexposed-c9-niner.
- [00:30] Background
- [01:15] Comparing geo-replication and auto-failover groups
- [02:12] Tutorial for implementing a geo-distributed database
- [02:45] Demo starts
- [04:55] Failover initiated
- [06:21] Fail back and summary
In this video, Anna Hoffman and Jeroen ter Heerdt discuss and show one way for loading data from Azure Blob storage into Azure SQL Database.
- [00:25] Background
- [01:25] Azure SQL Notebook in Azure Data Studio
- [02:06] Step 1: Create a table and schema
- [02:20] Step 2: Create a master key
- [02:37] Step 3: Create a database scoped credential
- [03:16] Step 4: Create an external data source to the container
- [04:15] Step 5: Bulk insert a single file and tips
- [06:18] Summary
In this video, Anna Hoffman and Jeroen ter Heerdt discuss and show PowerShell notebooks and Azure SQL inside Azure Data Studio. Learn how you can leverage PowerShell notebooks and other CLI tools in them to manage your Azure SQL Databases and Managed Instances.
[00:32] Notebooks in Azure Data Studio
[01:20] PowerShell kernel for notebooks
[02:20] Setting up Azure (Az) module for PowerShell in your notebook
[03:17] Running interactive commands in the integrated terminal in Azure Data Studio
More Data Exposed videos: