In this third part episode, Roberto Cervantes walks through the different considerations customers must think through when designing a highly available application built on the Azure Kubernetes Service.
In this second part episode, Fernando Mejia walks through everything you need to plan for in a Hybrid Cloud architecture for Azure Kubernetes Service.
This includes IP address concerns from on-premises to Azure, hub and spoke topology, as well as the different options you have in Azure Kubernetes Service.
In this part one episode, Humberto Tinoco walks through the case for digital transformation in the banking industry in regards to migration to Azure Kubernetes Service.
Shayne is joined by Ralph Squillace at Microsoft Ignite 2019 to hear more about Cloud Native Application Bundles (CNAB)
- [01:05] – CNAB, What problems are we trying to solve?
- [03:42] – Is this just a Microsoft thing, who’s involved?
- [07:10] – Who is this for? Developers, IT Ops, inner loop…
- [11:45] – How would we distribute these apps or bundles?
- [13:10] – Ralph gets into a demo!
- [17:15] – A larger complex example.
- Free Azure Account – https://aka.ms/cldntvshw/freeazure
- Cloud Native Application Bundle (CNAB) – https://cnab.io
- Porter – https://porter.sh
- Helm – https://helm.sh
- Rudr – Rudr is an Open Application Model (OAM) implementation for Kubernetes. https://github.com/oam-dev/rudr
- dapr – An event-driven, portable runtime for building microservices on cloud and edge. https://dapr.io/
- Azure Arc – https://azure.microsoft.com/services/
Container registries are repositories for storing container images, but who should use them?
Which one should we choose and why are they important for cloud native applications?
Steve Lasker sits with us in Building 99 today and talks about registries and more specifically Azure Container Registry and the practices around using them for your applications.
A critical characteristic of cloud native architectures it the ability to dynamically scale and support massive numbers of users, events, and requests on these distributed applications and teams.
Serverless can help in these challenges without having to worry about infrastructure or even an entire application.
Watch this video to see how does serverless fit into the plan for cloud native apps.
Get the definition from the engineers on campus up close and personal on the Cloud Native Show. In our Pilot episode, follow Shayne as he explores the Microsoft campus to have Cloud Native explained to him by Distinguished Engineer, Brendan Burns. For more episodes be sure to subscribe at https://aka.ms/cloudnativeshow