Here’s a little video I created inspired by this post.
If 2018 was the year of AI & ML, then 2019 is going to be the year of AI/ML Operationalization. I see this all the time with customers: AI requires a lot of teams to work together that traditionally have not worked together.
Here’s an interesting article on the five things that all great companies do successfully adopt AI. Listed last, but certainly not least, in the list is having a Data Driven culture. Aside from the fact that it subliminally promotes my podcast, the importance of company culture cannot be overstated.
From the article (emphasis added):
Data-driven Culture Without a strong, data-driven organizational culture, none of the above can ever be successful. Some of the world’s largest companies like Amazon, Google, and Facebook have embraced data as part of their organization’s culture. Here are some things they, and the aforementioned customers, do well:
- Treating data as an enterprise asset.
- Creating a central data strategy (a Data Hub) to integrate all types of data
- Strong data governance & data lineage.
- ML-enabled data cataloging to find data efficiently.
- Robust Master/Reference data management.
- Mixing IT-led and self-service data preparation & wrangling capabilities.
- Implementing self-service exploration capabilities to visually interact with data.
Data is an asset, potentially a very lucrative one and likely one that will either drive your business into the next decade or drive you out of business before the next decade.