SeanHodgins shows you an interesting project designed to confuse facial recognition systems.
If you ever wanted to up your home networking game with backup to Dropbox and secure remote access from everywhere through your own VPN, all based on Docker containers, then check out what Andreas Spiess has done.
In this video, he covers:
- Install Docker with many containers like Mosquitto, Node-Red, Grafana, influxDB, Postgres, Portainer, and Adminer
- Increase the live expectancy of your SD card by disabling swapping and by installing log2ram- Automatically backup all valuable data to the cloud, in our case, to Dropbox
- Setup PiVPN to remotely and securely access our home network from anywhere in the world- Besides that, you will learn a lot of useful things about Docker containers
Links & Code:
- Software and instructions:
- Installation of PiVPN:
- SD card reader for Raspberry:
- Used cooler for RPi 4:
I have adjustable desk to switch between standing and sitting that I got from IKEA.
My only frustration is that it does not remember previous locations – you just can’t press a button and adjust to saved location.
Fortunately, Robin Reiter reverse engineered the electronics of his IKEA Bekant adjustable table and was able to add some memory functionality.
Code & Schematics: https://github.com/robin7331/IKEA-Hackant
Here’s an interesting look at the history of the transistor, Moore’s Law, and where we are headed.