StatQuest with Josh Starmer explains Naive Bayes in a clear way.
When most people want to learn about Naive Bayes, they want to learn about the Multinomial Naive Bayes Classifier – which sounds really fancy, but is actually quite simple. This video walks you through it one step at a time and by the end, you’ll no longer be naive about Naive Bayes!!
- 0:00 Awesome song and introduction
- 1:08 Histograms and conditional probabilities
- 4:22 Classifying “Dear Friend”
- 7:33 Review of concepts
- 9:00 Classifying “Lunch Money x 5”
- 10:54 Pseudocounts
- 12:35 Why Naive Bayes is Naive