edureka! explains how to teach an old dog (mainframes) new tricks (DevOps) in this recently live streamed free class.
Recently, the governor of New Jersey put out an urgent plea due to the COVID-19 pandemic and it wasn’t just for ventilators or PPE, it was for COBOL developers.
Yes, COBOL, a programming language from the 1950s.
Fireship explains in 100 seconds why COBOL is the hottest programming language of 2020.
Steve Steuart from Astadia joins Scott Hanselman to show how a mainframe reference architecture based on Azure enables you to deploy your mainframe assets to a native Azure environment. You can the leverage all the available Azure services with your new mainframe in the cloud, including AI, Power BI, IoT, and Machine Learning.
- Mainframe Migration – Azure Migration Center
- IBM Mainframe to Microsoft Azure Reference Architecture (Astadia whitepaper)
- Moving COBOL Workload to Microsoft Azure (Astadia webinar)
- Shifting Unisys Mainframe to Microsoft Azure (Astadia webinar)
- Shifting IBM Mainframe to Microsoft Azure (Astadia webinar)
- Supporting cost saving and improved performance at WorkSafe (Astadia video)
- Create a free account (Azure)