Ayman El-Ghazali recently presenting this Introduction to Databricks from the perspective of a SQL DBA at the NoVA SQL Users Group.
Code available at:https://github.com/thesqlpro/blogThis is an introduction to Databricks from the perspective of a SQL DBA. Come learn about the following topics:
- Basics of how Spark works
- Basics of how Databricks works (cluster setup, basic admin)
- How to design and code an ETL Pipeline using Databricks
- How to read/write from Azure Datalake and Database
- Integration of Databricks into Azure Data Factory pipeline
Code available at: https://github.com/thesqlpro/blog